MEMBERSHIP IN OUR CHAPTER
The Bayou Villages’ membership drive begins in the fall of the 6th grade year for the daughter(s) of a prospective member. A prospective patroness (new member) must have one sponsor and one co-sponsor who are members of NCL, Inc., Bayou Villages Chapter.
The prospective members will attend an informational meeting where specific details about the membership process and timeline will be provided. After the workshop, the prospective member will discuss with her sponsor and co-sponsor whether she would like to proceed with membership.
A formal application will need to be completed by the sponsor, co-sponsor and prospective patroness. Once all applications are complete, prospective members will be notified.
Bayou Villages’ water station at the MS 150 bicycle race
CHARACTERISTICS OF A GOOD NCL, Inc. MEMBER
- She will make membership in NCL, Inc. a priority for herself and her daughter(s).
- She is a “team player” and will accept the decision of the majority.
- She is able and willing to be a role model for all members.
- She is willing and able to actively participate in the operation and/or administration of her chapter by holding leadership positions each year, as chapter needs dictate. Each year the provisional will hold a job and have committee responsibilities.
- She understands the importance of all three pillars of NCL, Inc.: philanthropy, leadership and culture.
- She understands and is willing to commit the time to fulfill the specific attendance, job/committee, philanthropic, league and committee obligations of her chapter.
- She understands the importance of a positive attitude, professional communication and constructive problem solving in all NCL, Inc. matters.
- She is focused on the philosophy of NCL, Inc. rather than any associated prestige or status.
- She fully understands and is willing to meet the financial obligations associated with NCL, Inc. membership.
- She will make an extra effort to become acquainted with all chapter members.
- She understands that by virtue of being a member of a local chapter, she is affiliated with a national federated system, which requires adherence to national standards and policies at all times and mandates belief in the core values of NCL, Inc.